Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring Training Recap- Autos and More!

I went to two spring training games on Wednesday and Thursday. The game of Wednesday was at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando. Here are some pictures of the complex and the outside:
The complex it's self was about an hour or so away from Lakeland.
Today, however was the best spring training experience I've had. We went to the Detroit Tigers complex in Lakeland, FL. My dad and I went at 10:00 (game time- 1:05) to see the Tigers hit batting practice. They were very impressive in hitting. The Tigers let the fans catch home run balls in "The Berm" a glassy hillside that provides a great panoramic view of the ballpark for relatively cheap.
I didn't catch any home run balls, but I did get a ball that was very close to me in the outfield. The Tiger shagging at the time, flipped the ball to me and I was thrilled! I also set a personal goal to myself: get more then one autograph. I got nine autographs between the Tigers and Braves! WOW! Here are pictures of the autographs:
Most of these autographs I got were at the main field, but there was a secret field behind the main one with the rest of the team working out (including Verlander). It was a great day, and it turns out the Tigers won 9-3. Miggy hit a 3 run jack to give the Tigers lead. That man sure can hit a baseball. That's all I have for now, thanks for looking! Please recommend to friends, family, co-workers, and  acquaintances! Here is my email if you have any questions about this blog:
Charlie.cowan29@gmail.com
Displaying photo 5.JPGDisplaying photo 3.JPGDisplaying photo 4.JPG
Joe Nathan (middle), Craig Kimbrel and Joba Chamberlain (right), Don Kelly (left)
Displaying photo 1.JPGDisplaying photo 1.JPGDisplaying photo 2.JPG
The baseball that was "flipped" to me, Fredi Gonzalez (middle), Julio Teheran (only I can identify- right)
Displaying photo 1.JPG
Notice how I obviously don't care that I'm not matching at all (pink socks w/ brown sandals)
Displaying 140327_0004.jpg
Here is Anibal Sanchez, Jeff Kunkel and Justin Verlander running
Displaying photo 2.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment